Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pumpkin Ice Cream

I have been a slacker when it comes to making desserts. Thanksgiving morning, I knew it would be a boost for my holiday spirit to put that can of pumpkin puree to good use. So, I spent the morning making pumpkin ice cream.

As with most of the ice cream I have made, the recipe came from the Williams-Sonoma Ice Cream book, which has proven to be a wonderful resource. (The only disaster I've experienced so far in my ice-cream making involved orange sorbet, and I'm pretty sure that was entirely my fault.)

Here's my creation, packed and ready to be transported to our T-Day gathering:


Looks like peanut butter, doesn't it?

I found this ice cream to be very heavy, almost as if I drank a glass of pumpkin pie (milk cravings soon followed). All of the home-made ice creams I have made are more substantial than their store-bought counterparts, most likely because of the egg content. Still, it's difficult not to fill up one's bowl with giant scoops!

No comments: