Friday, November 17, 2006

My What I Made Yesterday Blog

In the early years of Saturday Night Live, Gilda Radner used to do a skit called something like "What I Ate Yesterday" in which she ran through a list of the (very few) things she had consumed the day before. Apparently, she was always telling people about the things she had eaten, and so her fellow cast members thought they might as well turn it into a segment on the show.

I have no plans to divuge "what I ate yesterday" here. Rather, I am feeling some extra post-wedding creative energy and am ever thoughtful of advice such as "Do Something Creative Every Day" (a PaperSource motto) or "No Time to Create - Create Anyway" (a mantra from Debby Reelitz, a talented calligrapher I recently met - her work can be seen in the image below.)


http://www.letteringdesign.com/debbyart.html

I am excited to begin this log (or blog, as it may be) documenting whatever it may be that I made yesterday.

Simple, but as a starting point, I made meatloaf for the first time two nights ago - the first meatloaf I've ever enjoyed! And last night, I roasted garlic for the first time in our fantastic little wedding gift garlic roaster. I'm hoping my blog doesn't focus too heavily on food, but come on...we've got to eat, so...

No comments: