Monday, November 20, 2006

Pork Chops and Stuffing

Well, I made these Saturday, actually...

No, it doesn't sound very creative, BUT for the first time I tried my grandmother's/mother's technique of alternating stuffing betwixt pork chops in a loaf pan. The stuffing came out great, with added apples (skin on!) and golden raisins. The pork chops were a bit dry compared to the actual stovetop stuffed pork chops I've made once before (which I found awfully difficult to slice and stuff.) I simultaneously roasted some girthy asparagus (why so big?) and shallots. Shallots, I have decided, are a miracle vegetable...if they are a vegetable at all.

This blog might be as dry as my loaf pan pork chops if I don't start taking photos!

Sunday, I "made" leftovers. But I also created a "Welcome Back to the USA" gift, er, basket for a friend of ours returning from Iraq: in a McDonald's Happy Meal box I put a mini apple pie, Cracker Jacks, Big League Chew bubble gum, Spam, and the newest issue of the Enquirer...and a 2007 National Parks Membership (it couldn't be all kitschy, afterall.)

No comments: