Saturday, February 2, 2008

Maple Mustard Pork Chops and Sweet, Sweet Potato

I have had this pork chop recipe on my to-cook list for too long, and something has gone wrong each time I go to actually make it. With two pork chops thawed in the fridge and the threat of staying late at work...well, I made sure I got home in time for dinner this time.

People love the idea of Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals. This was one of them, and with my modifications, it was, indeed a 30 minute ordeal. Recently, I have started to take notice of how many pots and pans she uses to cook these meals. The pork alone would have used three pots - that's not OK. I used two. Next time, I'll use one.

I will mix the maple-mustard-cumin-allspice-cider glaze and set it aside, sear the pork chops on both sides in a sautee pan, dump the sauce into the pan (coating the chops), and put the pan into the oven. The sauce will thicken in the oven. Voila!

The sweet potatoes were roasted with olive oil, honey, cinammon and S&P. Really good - and good the next day!

No comments: