Friday, March 23, 2007

Pseudo-Dolma

One of my fondest memories from a trip to Turkey (twelve years ago now!) involved the discovery of dolma: homemade dolma, specifically, created by someone who spoke no English so there was no chance of getting the recipe. (It should be mentioned that, at that time, I didn't know how to turn on an oven so it never entered my mind to ask.) Stuffed peppers and tomatoes with a delicious tomato-based sauce, ground meat (lamb?), and a side of Greek-style yogurt. This picky eater couldn't get enough.

I've been on the prowl for an authentic dolma recipe since then, and have been frustrated with my search results. Nothing quite "looks" right. Still, I decided to give one of the recipes a try tonight. My stuffed peppers didn't compare with those I had in Turkey (although I made them with ground turkey!), but we both really enjoyed them:

No comments: