Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Meatballs, plain and simple. And plain.

I am on a perpetual quest to find the perfect meatball recipe.

This was not it.


Unfortunately, I made this meal of sauce and meatballs about a month ago (I'm a bit behind on the blog!), and I honestly don't remember what recipe I used! Actually, I never seem to use one recipe when I'm trying to create something so common as a meatball. I read through a bunch and usually combine two or three recipe ingredients and ideas. I should really come up with a scientific method for testing such recipes to avoid self-confusion. I do know that my next meatballs will be made with Alton Brown's recipe, for sure.

Even my marinara sauce came out weird. I used a different brand of canned tomatoes, which seemed to have a huge effect on the outcome. Who knew?

No comments: