Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad with Maple Vinaigrette

Last night was supposed to be the coolest of nights this week, so I decided to run the oven to cook some pecan chicken. (Frustratingly, our new charcoal grill arrived yesterday, but required both assembly and charcoal!) I've gotta say, this recipe comes out perfectly every time, and was well worth the heat.

Having a fridge full of greens (and accumulating soil), turning every meal into a salad is becoming a healthy necessity. I think this particular green was chinese cabbage. Maybe?

I am really enjoying making simple vinaigrettes for our daily salads, and have avoided using any bottled dressings for weeks. Last night I made a tangy maple vinaigrette (pure maple syrup, ketchup, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper) based on a Rachael Ray recipe, that was perfect for this salad - or any other!

No comments: