Saturday, September 13, 2008

Orpheum Theatre "Response"

On my birthday this year, I received a response to my letter of complaint regarding my horrific experience at the Orpheum Theatre in April. According to the general manager, my seats were not the slightest bit obstructed.



The letter reads as follows:
Dear Ms. Murphy,
I am writing regarding your letter of July 24th. Lee Zazofsky is no longer with the Orpheum Theater and is now working at another of our facilities. I am uncertain why you would consider Balcony Row T, Seats 210 & 211 obstructed. The Orpheum is closed in the summer so I apologize for the delay in my response. I went in to the theater and sat in the seats in question. There is nothing in front of the seats except the possibility of taller guests. Was it the people in front of you that obstructed the view? If so, this is an unavoidable situation that occurs in theaters from time to time.

The sound system was provided and operated by the visiting artist. I am glad it appears Eddie Izzard did respond and correct the sound.

I am sorry your experience was unpleasant, but I cannot honor your request for a refund.

Sincerely,
Bruce Montgomery
General Manager

I suppose the theater manager realizes there is not much I can do to combat his assessment of my experience. I am certainly not going to waste more printer ink in an attempt to prove him wrong. What I can do is hope that others are exposed to my post on this blog, or that readers will come across my description of this experience on Yelp.

I signed up for a Yelp account specifically so I could voice my Orpheum experience. And, just to balance out my karma, I was sure to add four positive reviews for other businesses.

And, of course, I will never attend another concert at the Orpheum again.

No comments: