Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tequila Lime Chicken

John is becoming a master of preparing (and cleaning) the charcoal grill, and for that, I am very grateful. I hope that the various things I decide to throw on it are a reward for his hard work!

I made Ina Garten's Tequila Lime Chicken per the exact specifications of the recipe, except I used skinless chicken breasts. It had a great flavor, although I mostly tasted the cooked lime on the chicken. This makes me wonder...why the tequila? I had bought two little nips of it for the recipe, and I would love to leave it out, if possible. If it was to impart sweetness, maybe I could add some honey (or better yet, agave nectar!) to the marinade? John wouldn't mind, I'm sure.

We decided that this chicken would be awesome sliced and served fajita-style, but we enjoyed ours straight up. I'll try to make this again (with some revisions) before summer's end.

No comments: