Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Scooper Bowl '08

What could be more fun than the all-you-can-eat ice cream extravaganza that is the Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl—in 93 degree heat?! Nothin'.

According to the official website:
The Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl is the nation's largest all-you-can-eat ice cream festival. The event serves up ice cream from 11 of the nation's leading ice cream companies while raising money for the Jimmy Fund, which supports cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

Six of us headed over to Boston's City Hall Plaza before noon, and I think we successfully beat the major crowds. Many scoops were had (here are scoop carcasses from just one of us)...


...and here are our individual reviews/ice cream picks:

Erin M.
Overwhelmed by the 11 ice cream booths, I have now forgotten who made the coconut almond fudge ice cream that I would like to declare as my favorite.

Kelly
I'm all about team building....as Mike would say, "Ubuntu." I'm going to have to say my favorites were Birthday Cake and the Light Raspberry from the second tent we went to. Yummy.

Erin K.
I always knew I liked coconut, which is why my favorites were the chocolate coconut almond AND the coconut pineapple. If I HAD to choose, surprisingly, the coconut pineapple would be my favorite. It reminds me of summer! Secondly, I like how the scooper bowl really just knocked down the doors of inhibition for us! We were freely dipping our spit-covered spoons into each other's ice cream dishes like there was no tomorrow! It was definitely a team building exercise, if nothing else!

Anne
I concur on the dipping/sharing part. My favorite flavor hands down was the lemon sorbetto. With it being soo hot outside the icy lemon was a refreshing treat - so much so I went in for 2!!!

Meira
My fave was the Brigham's one....duck tracks....or something like that. That had delightful mini peanut butter cups and really good tasting vanilla with chocolatey swirl. Oh so good!

Bill
Interestingly enough, Erin and I had the same favorites. I would have to say that they were followed closely by the lemon ice that we enjoyed at the beginning and the end of our team building exercise. I thought it was important to use the word exercise so we don't feel guilty.

No comments: