Monday, July 16, 2007

Lemon Ice Cream

I made some lemon pudding a month or so ago that just woudn't set. It was my first homemade pudding, so no doubt it was my technique and not the recipe that kept it from achieving a solid state.

The flavor was great, though, and my sister-in-law Barb gave me a great idea. My pudding brought back memories of her pregnancy-driven addiction to lemon ice cream many years ago. I didn't know such a thing existed. Lemon sherbet? Sure. Lemon sorbet? Of course. But ice cream?

The pudding recipe was so similar to the ice cream recipes I had been testing that I figured I could pour it into our ice cream maker with great success, and I was right. The result was a unique, somewhat healthy (um, there's actually no cream in it...) summer treat!

Our awesome KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment in action
(thank you again, Mike & Joan!):


The result:

No comments: