Thursday, July 12, 2007

Omega-San!

Despite the heat and humidity, we fired up the oven last night to cook some Teriyaki Salmon. Luckily, it cooks quickly!

As we were resting and digesting, I noticed there was a section of Martha Stewart Living dedicated to the benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Oh, three = san in Japanese...sticking with a theme here). We felt extra healthy.

This was the first "fish dish" I cooked after taking my fish class, and this is probably the fourth time I've made it. It just occurred to me that I already have it on my blog in salmon steak form! What I *don't* have on my blog is the surprisingly tasty Asian-inspired salad I made to go along with the meal.

The salad itself was a mixture of greens and spring turnip - net very Asian. But the dressing I whipped up was a combination of rice wine vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, pepper and toasted sesame seeds. I'm really enjoying the freedom and healthiness of making my own salad dressings. Once I perfect the process, I'll post some of my very own recipies...all of which have been inspired by someone else's...but aren't all creative endeavors?

No comments: