Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Salad a la Faneuil

OK, not really. I was planning to make a simple green salad this evening, but by the time 5:30 rolled around, I knew I would end up starving (and craving mini Snickers bars) if I didn't add a little protein to the mix. On my way home from the train station, I stopped at the teriyaki place in the food hall in Quincy Market - the one that lures you with tiny pieces of meat on a toothpick. I brought home some teriyaki chicken and tossed it in my arugula, pear and onion salad with slivered almonds. It was really good!

I'm very excited about springtime and the salads that pair with the warmer weather. As a condiment queen with a strange affinity for vinegar, I get very excited about making my own vinaigrettes - there are endless combinations of ingredients! For this salad, I used rice vinegar, teriyaki sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, chili sauce, and tonkatsu sauce.

No comments: